Amongst $1.6 million in grants this week by the Scott County Regional Authority is the beginning of a 12-year dedication to Bettendorf and the YMCA’s new water-park undertaking.
Referred to as The Touchdown, the Metropolis of Bettendorf and the YMCA plan to construct a brand new city-owned, YMCA-operated out of doors water park to interchange Splash Touchdown, in-built 1968. The brand new 20,000-square-foot water park is ready to function three-story slides, a lazy river and lap swimming pool and splash pad, amongst different options.
Metropolis and YMCA officers permitted a improvement settlement in October to maneuver forward with the undertaking.
The Scott County Regional Authority, SCRA, is the nonprofit that holds the playing license for Isle On line casino, Bettendorf. The SCRA distributes set-aside funds from the on line casino and has dedicated $4 million of the proceeds to The Touchdown over a dozen years.
Persons are additionally studying…
Within the newest spherical of grants, SCRA awarded $166,667 to the undertaking.
Bettendorf additionally has secured a dedication of $1 million over 5 years from the Rhythm Metropolis On line casino’s nonprofit license-holder in Davenport.
The alternative for the present city-owned Splash Touchdown is predicted to value $18.6 million, to be cut up evenly between the town, the YMCA, and grants and donors.
Different grants awarded by SCRA
Among the many largest awards this week: $100,000 went to Ballet Quad-Cities for a constructing buy and renovations; $98,000 to the YWCA of the Quad Cities for the acquisition and renovations of the Iowa Empowerment Heart; $73,677 to the Quad Cities Housing Council, Rehab of Inexpensive Single Household and Multi Household Models.
Different notable grants included $35,000 to the Household Museum for an “on the Street” Gallery Renovation, $42,958 to the Davenport Group College District for 7-Twelfth grade science gear, and $42,700 to St. Anthony Catholic Church to broaden the attain of McAnthony Window, which offers meals to the homeless and the needy.
The Authority fielded 81 requests for a complete of about $6.8 million, of which about $1.6 million was awarded to 52 tasks in Scott County. That is roughly the identical quantity because the final grant cycle, in spring 2022, when the authority awarded $1.7 million, however the requests this cycle had been considerably larger than within the spring, once they totaled $2.7 million.
Except for 2020, through the peak of the pandemic when receipts dipped for casinos statewide, the cycle seems to be just like different award cycle totals.
Since 1991, the Authority has awarded $95.65 million in grants.
The autumn 2022 grant cycle awardees with greater than $10,000 are:
- All Saints Catholic College, Playground Security Initiative: $74,909
- All Saints Lutheran Church, Meals Pantry: $20,000
- Asbury United Methodist Church Backyard Ministry, Tractor Fund: $10,000
- Ballet Quad Cities, Constructing Buy and Renovation: $100,000
- Bethany for Kids & Households, Guaranteeing Psychological and Behavioral Well being Remedy for At-Threat Scott County Kids: $41,580
- Bettendorf Police Division, Handheld Non-Contact Spectral Drug Analyzer: $33,073
- Bettendorf, Metropolis of and YMCA of Iowa Mississippi Valley, The Touchdown: $166,667 ($4,000,000 complete dedication over 24 cycles)
- Large Brothers Large Sisters of the Mississippi Valley, Know-how: $22,400
- Frequent Chord, Essential Redstone Room Audio/Visible Repairs: $30,000
- Cornbelt Operating Membership, Quad-Metropolis Instances Bix7: $25,000
- Davenport Group College District, First Robotics Competitors (FRC) INSPIRE Capstone: $22,000
- Davenport Group College District, Tools for Secondary (7-12) Science Lecture rooms: $42,958
- Eldridge Volunteer Fireplace Firm, Inc., EMS Coaching / Preparedness Simulator Device: $35,000
- Household Museum Basis, “On the Street” Gallery Renovation: $35,000
- Mates of MLK, Inc., MLK Park: $31,250
- Habitat for Humanity Quad Cities, Dwelling Constructing, Dwelling Restore and Wheel Chair Ramp Applications: $50,000
- Humility Houses and Companies, Inc., Addressing the Hole in Inexpensive Housing: Making a Dwelling for Each Particular person: $50,000
- Junior Achievement of the Heartland, JA Inspiration Heart – Pathways to Success: $50,000
- Midwest Animal Assisted Remedy & Training Group: Utilizing Animal Assisted Actions to help Scott County Veterans Touched by Psychological or Bodily Incapacity $11,225
- Midwest Writing Heart, Native Writers and Publications Selling Training, Heritage, and Tradition: $11,000
- Mississippi Bend AEA Particular Occasions Committee, David E. Lane Coats for Youngsters: $21,113
- One Eighty, Capital Enhancements at Household Stability Home: $23,880
- Our Woman of the River Church, Quad Cities Night time to Shine Promenade: $15,000.00
- Companions of Scott County Watersheds, Bettering Public Entry and Usability at Crow Creek Wildlife Administration Space: $23,150
- Nice Valley Group College District, Junior Excessive Vocal Music Efficiency Piano: $10,500
- Nice Valley Group College District, Machine Store Upgrades: $29,870
- Putnam Museum and Science Heart, Putnam Reimagined: $50,000
- Quad Cities Housing Council, Rehab of Inexpensive Single Household and Multi Household Models: $73,677
- Quad Metropolis Arts, Spring 2023 Visiting Artist Collection: $45,000
- Quad Metropolis Botanical Heart, College Bus Greenhouse | Cellular Plant Unit: $30,000
- Quad Metropolis Veterans Outreach Heart, Vacation Meals Giveaway: $18,910
- River Bend Meals Financial institution, Increasing to Fill the Hole Capital Marketing campaign: $50,000
- Rock Island County Forest Protect, Zoo Prepare Sound System: $15,000
- St. Anthony Catholic Church, Increasing Attain of McAnthony Window: $42,700
- STEAM on Wheels, Automobile to Transport STEAM Instructional Tools to At-Threat Scott County College students: $20,500
- United Manner of the Quad Cities Space, Volunteer Revenue Tax Help (VITA) Program – Tools & Scheduling System: $12,278
- Vera French Basis, Peer-Run Drop-In & Clubhouse Enlargement at Vera French’s Carol Heart: $50,715
- YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley, Constructing for Generations Capital Marketing campaign, New Downtown Davenport YMCA Undertaking: $50,000
- YWCA of the Quad Cities, Iowa Empowerment Heart Acquisition and Renovations: $98,000