Highly-coveted Kansas State transfer point guard Nijel Pack, a native of Indianapolis, announced Saturday that he is headed to Miami after two seasons with the Wildcats.
The 6-foot, 180-pound point guard visited West Lafayette on April 7 before making trips to Ohio State and Miami, per his Twitter page.
Pack garnered interest from several other programs after hitting the transfer portal, including Tennessee, Duke, Gonzaga, Arizona, Xavier, North Carolina State and Marquette.
A former four-star prospect out of Lawrence Central High School, Pack appeared in 53 games in his two years at Kansas State, starting in all but one. During the 2021-22 season, he averaged 17.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.
Pack shot 45.5% from the floor and 43.6% from the 3-point line to lead Kansas State to a 14-17 overall record, which included a 6-12 mark in the Big 12. He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors in the process.
Scroll to Continue
The Hurricanes are coming off a 26-11 season in 2021-22, which featured a 14-6 record in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The team made an appearance in the Elite Eight where it lost to the eventual national champion Kansas 76-50.
Miami will be without two of its guards come the 2022-23 season, with sixth-year redshirt seniors Charlie Moore and Kameron McGusty both exhausting their remaining NCAA eligibility.
Pack will now look to lead a team that scored 73.9 points per game and finished third in the ACC shooting 47.3% from the field last season.
As for the Purdue basketball program, head coach Matt Painter’s search for a point guard to add to the roster continues. Transfer Isaiah Thompson announced his commitment to Florida Gulf Coast on Friday, and graduate Eric Hunter Jr. is in the transfer portal while he goes through the NBA Draft evaluation process.
Stories Related to Purdue Basketball
- ISAIAH THOMPSON TRANSFERS TO FLORIDA GULF COAST: Purdue transfer guard Isaiah Thompson is headed to Florida Gulf Coast after three seasons with the program. The Zionsville, Indiana, native averaged 4.2 points, 1.0 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game during the 2021-22 season. CLICK HERE
- ZACH EDEY TO RETURN TO PURDUE FOR THE 2022-23 SEASON: Purdue 7-foot-4 center Zach Edey announced Friday he will return to the program for his junior season. He averaged 14.4 points, 7.7 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.2 blocks per game during the 2021-22 season. CLICK HERE
- ERIC HUNTER JR. ENTERS TRANSFER PORTAL: Following his decision to declare for the 2022 NBA Draft while maintaining his final year of college eligibility, Purdue guard Eric Hunter Jr. has entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer. CLICK HERE
- BREAKING DOWN PURDUE 2022 RECRUITING CLASS: Purdue basketball will bring in four new recruits to West Lafayette next season. The 2022 recruiting class consisting of Fletcher Loyer, Braden Smith, Camden Heide and William Berg are slated to join redshirts Trey Kaufman-Renn and Brian Waddell as freshmen. CLICK HERE
- JADEN IVEY DECLARES FOR 2022 NBA DRAFT: Purdue sophomore guard Jaden Ivey officially announced he will enter the 2022 NBA Draft. He averaged 17.3 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game during the 2021-22 season for the Boilermakers. CLICK HERE
- TREVION WILLIAMS DECLARES FOR 2022 NBA DRAFT: After his senior season with the Purdue basketball program, Trevion Williams announced he is taking the next step in his journey. He will enter his name in the 2022 NBA Draft and hire an agent after four seasons with the Boilermakers. CLICK HERE
Follow DJ Fezler on Twitter
Follow Boilermakers Country on Twitter and Facebook